We’re looking for an outgoing, experienced Business Development Manager to assist us in growing our business. At DC, the business development manager is responsible for identifying, developing and generating new business opportunities from both existing and new clients.
The position supports the senior management and account management teams with all market-building activities. Our ideal candidate will possess strong communication, creative-judgement and social skills. They’ll be a comfortable presenter and foster a strong team ethic. Critically, they will work autonomously to drive business development and all related project activities to a conclusion.
This is a six-month contract to cover a period of short-term leave. Due to a recent acquisition (CoalFace) there is a possibility we may require dedicated BD resource to support that business, which could lead to the right individual taking a permanent role.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Generating new business for Drummond Central and CoalFace.
- The identification of opportunities through both formal and informal routes.
- Identifying areas for expansion and development within existing clients.
- Understanding and keeping up-to-date with constant developments in the communications industry and agency market.
- Identifying networking opportunities.
- Pitch planning, preparation of pitch documentation and presentation materials.
- Coordinating with the pitch team and keeping them motivated/team building and managing resource.
- The completion of tender documentation.
- An awareness of general trends within the industry and specific trends in various market sectors.
- Responsible for negotiating and establishing financial arrangements with clients.
- Weekly reporting to CEO, MD and FD, and monthly reporting at our internal management meeting.
- The marketing of Drummond Central and CoalFace, as well as general awareness activity.
We're offering a competitive salary and great rewards for the right person. Send your CV to email@example.com with Business Development Manager as the subject and we'll be in touch.
Closing date for CV’s is November 2017 although appointment of the right candidate could happen imminently.